As I move into more technical product management, I realize the importance of really, deeply understanding the work I am engaging engineers to do.
Lately, I've decided to undertake some projects and tutorials to help me level up my technical skills. I don't want to understand these concepts abstractly, but as tactile realities.
So lately I have:
- Set up a Lightsail instance and a load balancer on AWS
- Used AWS Route 53 to configure DNS settings
- Deployed a Ghost CMS (one of my favorite) blog to the instance
- Started learning the basics of Flask to build a simple set of REST API service
- Set up a MongoDB instance so I have someplace to store and fetch data from for my little service
Anyway, I know these aren't rocket science level accomplishments, but I'm pretty happy with what I've been up to the last few weeks.